Irritating elements of the show ruin it
The premise of the show is interesting and the babe makes it good eye candy and easy to watch her scenes, despite her lack of acting skills. However, there are a few very irritating elements of the show -
* the main actor with his overdone acting and horrible accent (I thought British accents were cool like on Colin Firth, Hugh Grant and Pierce Brosnan) but he is just terrible and irritating overall. Someone should also tell him his acting is hell'ish... hehe. Dial it down.
* the irritating little girl and her irritating scenes. The child actress is cringey and annoying imo. She was unneeded and useless fluff
* the irritating ex-husband. In fact, the whole divorced single mom aspect of the show was cringey and ugh
* the whole past with the Hot Tub High School was cringey
* the side kick girl of Lucifer was irritating and bad actress
* the whole - making inappropriate comments, being nude and doing things any normal person would get a restraining order for, but the heroine just rolls her eyes and goes on as if 'uh huh... boys will be boys' type nonsense despite him publicly humiliating her for saying he wants to sleep with her but she's not reciprocating etc.
** The biggest WTF was - Chloe and the other cops have Lucifer surrounded in the Lux nightclub and he reaches for his gun and they open fire on him and he.... disappears right in front of them. Because Amenadiel has slowed time and whisked him away.... BUT these super high IQ bright cops go 'drats... he gave us the slip'. And Chloe says - 'oh well, he can't have gone far. Search the area.' I mean really? "SEARCH THE AREA?". Dude literally disappears in front of you and your cops into thin air after having shots fired at him and you're like 'oh ok, just search the area'. What the f is wrong with all of you? And then the show continues without anyone making anything about a guy literally DISAPPEARING into thin air and reappearing somewhere far away.
There's just too many irritating elements of the show. The psychiatrist was fun for a while though.
The plot was crap and many many things were just rubbish about the show imo. Interesting premise and just not living up to minimal expectations I had.
I'm not gonna bother after midway through S1.
This show is total crap. 3/10 from me. 1 for the premise, 1 for the good looking heroine and 1 for the psychiatrist who was spunky.