Thoughts on seeing this the first time
- The first half seems a lot more entertaining than the second. There are a lot more interesting ideas and situations in the first half. Part 3 in particular really seemed like they were just stretching the story out to fill up the time. On the other hand, they suddenly introduce Lucy and they're already in a relationship without their showing us any of its development. They certainly could have used some of the extra time in part 3 to show us that.
- I've never seen anyone say so, but Twin Peaks would seem to owe a lot to this show. The conflict between good and evil forces, large ensemble cast, cross country trips, pure evil characters, Miguel Ferrer, and so on.
- Sort of bothered that the characters don't seem to have much agency. People who get the good dreams are the chosen ones and those who get the bad dreams are doomed? Not very fair.
- Since the deity character is taking such an active role, why bother to have the humans go on all these quests and get killed? Why not just take out Flagg from the start and be done with it.
- The author Stephen King seemed to go through an atlas and pick towns not so much because of their locations, but from their names. Copperfield, Ax, and so on. Funny to see him here as an actor, though not a particularly good one.