Rare 1983 John Carradine Interview
Not an advert, I just wanted to share this and my thoughts on it.
- Great all around, I've never seen an interview this long with John Carradine.
- Shows off his reputation for exaggeration or changing facts. He claims that from all his films only 25 were horror, which is patently untrue from any point of view. He also claims Boris Karloff was born in India.
- Interviewer is polite, but a touch patronizing and clearly limited in his knowledge of Carradine's career.
- Not really surprised to see that John Carradine doesn't think much of the horror genre or their place in his filmography, but it's a bit disappointing. It's never a joy to watch an actor with a strong following saying to same fans, "Don't like me for that, like me for these things that I prefer."
- Carradine has sort of typical older actor stance on modern (1980's) Hollwyood, but I do agree that the quality of supporting actors, or character actors, have never matched that of classic Hollywood.
- Interview also shows off his well-known ego. He refers to himself as the best voice in Hollywood, then and now, an excellent sculptor, and a great singer. Fair enough, if not the most modest approach.
- He has the most striking eyes.
Great insight into this man whom we really don't know a lot about.