I couldn't stand this movie
I have never seen something so forced down my throat and unbelievable in all my life. Billy Bob was the most unlikable, static, and unchanging character in a movie ever. He changes for a single scene, then his wife drops a bag of cash in front of him and hes back to how he was before.
1) You are in debt $600,000 and you expect a bank to loan you more? For fuel?
2) 10k gallons of rocket fuel only cost $50k?
3) You can pull all of your kids out of school for a month and your wife supports this?
4) You can run a farm with a little barn for a ton of cattle, teach your kids (supposedly, if #3 is true), and build a rocket in under a month (the second launch) with only 1 farmhand.
5) All of the physics behind the rocket was horrendously bad. From the fact it is in his barn, to how the first crash happened to how he re-entered earth.
6) He designed and built the rocket from the ground up and it took him days to find the panel that just needed to be plugged back in.
7) The father of his wife has well over a million in assets that she doesnt know about (I am guessing your credit rating would be too shot to get another 600k loan after she paid back the bank)
8) When given the opportunity to go into space by Willis, you turn it down? He says it is his dream to go to space. This was offered to him, and he says no. Instead he risks his life, his families life, his farm, and everything. For what?
9) When he illegally launches a rocket through a crowd of people he is not arrested.
The only realistic thing about this movie is that people think hes crazy. Even his wife. And he is. There is probably more about the movie, but I can't recall any at the moment. I would expect a better story from a cheap cartoon.