Things We Learn From Anne of Green Gables
Book, not movie, although most of these apply to both.
1) People with red hair are far more likely to be "wicked".
2) It is possible to fall off of the roof of a house and not be seriously hurt.
3) If you crack a slate over someone's head and declare that you will hate him for the rest of your life, you have probably just met your future husband.
4) There is a crucial difference between raspberry cordial and currant wine.
5) Kindred spirits are far more common than one would think.
6) Someone calling you "Carrots" at the age of thirteen is a legitimate excuse to stay angry at that person for five years.
7) Someone calling you "Carrots" at the age of thirteen is, in fact, NOT a legitimate excuse to stay angry at that person for the rest of your lives. (SHOCKER!)
8) Matthew should never put his oar in, because Marilla knows how to raise a child better than he does.
9) Re-enacting scenes from Camelot can be a highly dangerous business.
10) Three sets of twins in succession is simply too much!
11) It is impossible to eat when in the depths of despair.
12) It is impossible to ever be perfectly happy if you have red hair.
13) It is possible to be highly intelligent and still be a complete idiot. (Case in point: Anne Shirley)
14) Puffed sleeves are the most desirable, luxurious things on this earth.
15) The spelling of one's name can make a crucial difference.
16) Dying your hair green is the best way to be cured of vanity.
17) If you want to get a dress for your adopted daughter, it is best to start by buying tons of brown sugar.
18) Not knowing everybody else's business will ruin some people's day.
19) People who don't talk make the best father figures.
20) There is a world of difference between being called "Crow" and being called "Carrots".