Brad Meltzer's Lost History on JFK's Missing Brain
Regarding the assassination of John F. Kennedy, I go back and forth on that. Yes, there is ample evidence that plenty of individuals and groups with massive motives wanted Kennedy dead, and some interesting coincidences beginning with how many of these people were in Dallas that day. For those who believe in a government conspiracy regarding UFOs (and for those who don't, Lord help your poor innocent souls ), it's interesting that Kennedy is the only president since the coverups began to demand full disclosure. Ten days after doing so, he was dead. If that had anything to do with it, he wouldn't be the first or the last, which is one of many reasons the government cannot make full disclosure.
There are also indications that shots were fired from behind a fence which would have been in front of Kennedy at the time (gunshots heard from there, suspicious activity seen, etc.) Now, there is no indication (proven) that any shots fired from the front actually hit him--but isn't it interesting that if Oswald would have missed, someone else was perhaps ready to do the job? Not to mention the autopsy was botched in the first place, a lot of materials are missing from it and JFK's brain hasn't been accounted for since 1965.
That being said, there is a lot of evidence for Oswald acting alone, a few examples of which are:
1. If the C. I. A. and whoever else wanted JFK dead, why would they recruit a nutjob like Oswald?
2. How would they even get in touch with Oswald to let him know where and when to carry out the hit? He was there because he already worked in the building! (Granted, he knew enough in advance to pick up the rifle from its hiding place--it's not as if he kept a rifle at work all the time.)
3. Any advanced organization planning the crime of the century wouldn't supply their hitman with the crappiest gun available--one with which an expert marksman can barely fire that number of shots in that amount of time, (which has been tried numerous times and shown to be possible, but with great skill required), let alone with that degree of deadly accuracy (two hits out of three shots--the third not only fatal but quite devastating in terms of damage).
So, okay, you've almost got me convinced of Oswald acting alone, with maybe someone else lying in wait working separately from Oswald, and maybe even attempting to shoot Kennedy at the same time, but not hitting him.
BUT--AND I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW COMPLETELY I DIDN'T SEE THIS UNTIL THE OTHER DAY--
AFTER SEEING THE ZAPRUDER FILM COUNTLESS TIMES (and I need hardly say Warning: Graphic, right? I remember the newscaster the first time it was on TV, "For God's sake, get Granny and the kids out of the room!"--) I guess I just spent my time trying to see which way he was falling, to tell where the shot may have come from, instead of looking closely at its effect.
I SIMPLY MUST ASK:
How is the film showing a COMPLETELY different wound than the autopsy photos?
Film shows him getting blasted in the side of the head in front of the right ear, with almost certainly some damage to the face and NONE to the back of the head! Autopsy photos show undamaged face and extensive damage on top of and back of the head, behind the ear!
Sent the following message to Brad Meltzer, who did the Lost History program seeking JFK's missing brain:
When I say, "if everyone was truthful," it seems to me the entire "it's at Arlington" theory rests with this John Metzler, the cemetery superintendent who oversaw every aspect of the 1967 reinterment.
1. Nothing can have gone in the casket or the vault because the vault was sealed in 1963 and never reopened.
2. Nothing can have been put in the new grave before it was dug. (Duh.)
3. Nothing can have been put in the new grave, or the old one either for that matter, during the ceremony, or after it while people were still around--too many witnesses.
4. The only way anything can have gone in the new grave is if it was dug well before the ceremony, Bobby Kennedy (assuming he had the brain), paid this Metzler something to keep quiet while he put something in the bottom of the grave, then covered it so no one would know anything was down there. One would have to ascertain when the new grave was dug and try to account for Bobby's whereabouts the whole time it was open, assuming he didn't assign this vital job to someone else. (Not Teddy...please!)
5. If you don't believe in conspiracy theories, Bobby Kennedy is practically the only person with any motive to take the brain. Now, you don't suppose he just told whoever was in on it (Teddy, possibly Steve Smith and a choice few others), "Let's just keep the damn thing around, wait till the next family member dies" (supposing that to be one of his parents) "and put it in with them," meaning it is at Arlington--with him!
6. If you don't believe in conspiracy theories--and I don't want to, but I'd like to see anyone explain the discrepancies just between the film and the autopsy photos, along with about a million other things--there are far too many suspects to mention and I don't want to "go there." No one can prove Bobby took it--and if anyone (surviving) knows about it (his widow Ethel, and only surviving sister Jean would be among the few if any), they don't want to besmirch his memory and will take it to their own graves.
7. It would be undesirable to see people go poking around the grave as they did with Lincoln's, to the extent that his son had to have him encased in cement, but perhaps at some future date ground-penetrating technology will be sophisticated enough to tell if anything extra is in JFK or RFK's graves.
I remember seeing the headline "President Kennedy's Brain is Missing" at least 40 years ago and finding it pretty wild. Personally, I enjoyed your presentation of the case. You showed remarkable restraint not to show (or even mention) the brain-stealing scene from Young Frankenstein.
(End of Message.)
In all seriousness, I would think the Kennedy family would WANT. THIS. SOLVED! Not only to know the answers for themselves, but if you had every crackpot on the street approaching you claiming to have "figured out the solution," wouldn't you want to be able to say, "It's been solved; case closed." It just adds to the conspiracy theories that they did not launch their own investigations into the deaths of JFK and RFK--makes it look as if "they didn't want to be next."
YOU GUYS, SERIOUS CONSPIRACY HERE!!! I posted my messages from above, starting with the one to Brad Meltzer, to H2's and Brad Meltzer's Facebook pages and THEY KEEP GETTING DELETED! IT IS NOT A MISTAKE, THEY WERE THERE AND DISAPPEARED AT LEAST TWICE! The one to H2 literally disappeared as quick as I could turn around! I am now copying them to my own Facebook page and see if they stay up!
After over six and a half hours, the repost on Brad Meltzer's page is still up. Posted the following on H2's page and it's still up.
H2, WHY do my posts regarding evidence about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy keep getting deleted? Have I struck a nerve here?? Why do you bring up the subject if you don't want opinions? (I posted the same thing word for word on several message boards and those are still there--so it ain't them...or ME!) I just reposted, came here to post a comment on my post, and it was ALREADY GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!