Things I learned from NIGHTMARE CITY (1980)
Oh I think this film is ripe for the picking in this area, as these have been the funniest threads I've seen for a lot of 80's action movies not nearly as "braindead" as this.
* Atomic zombies are clever enough to land C-130's at Spanish airports but not enough to relay proper identification upon landing.
* Atomic zombies are sure to remove all markings from C-130's prior to taking off to spread the infection.
* A signal flare fired into the air at a Spanish airport signifies to all police and military (of which a small army is usually present just waiting around for such an event) to surround whatever plane just landed.
* Spanish soldiers can wear beards and long hair.
* Spanish Military doctrine encourages questioning and disobeying orders to shoot zombies in the head.
* Various knives, scythes, harpoons, and other sharp melee weapons just littered the Spanish / Italian countryside in the early 80's.
* No military emergency warrants disrupting "my weekend"!
* Grace Jones music was insanely popular on early 80's Spanish airwaves and prone to be on any given radio.
* Spanish medical schools supply instruction for their students to throw scalpels at anyone who barges into surgery.
* It is common for TV reporters to dream about characters they never meet or interact with.
* "Create" and "Obliterate" are mere "Words!"
* During an atomic zombie invasion, fresh spurting blood will spontaneously appear on a host of inanimate objects, such as TV station doorways and knives plunged into clay heads.
* Spanish Hospitals are staffed with several people ready to point flashlights at every important character in case power goes out and they need to explore around.
* vs. a candle-holder, an actual candle is a particularly ineffective bludgeon weapon.