Helen Randall - possible spoilers
I missed a crucial 15 or so minutes while watching this today. Was Bill Randall later alone because:
1. His wife left him? (unlikely as she seemed very much in love with him)
2. She died of food poisoning? (she admitted she wasn't a very good cook)
3. She died in a gas oven explosion during a cooking trial? (again, inexperienced cook)
4. She was hit by a car/bus/truck after seeing Bill off on his mission?
5. There was a German air raid and she wore it then?
Thanks for filling in the gap. Otherwise a really enjoyable movie, special effects pretty good for the period.