Letter writing campaign to get Merry Widow (1934) released on Blu-ray!
I think we need to start a letter writing campaign to get Merry Widow (1934) released on Blu-ray!
The 1934 version of The Merry Widow has several arguments to recommend it as one of the next films to be restored and released, at least on DVD!
1) Ernst Lubitsch sophisticated light comedic touch, his whip cream delivery tops this tasty romantic comedy.
2) Franz Lahar's addictive music and lyrics, timeless and fresh today.
3) Maurice Chevalier at his peak of sexy innuendo and flirty confidence.
4) Alluring yet cool to the touch Jeanette MacDonald before she got away from her PreCode underwear shots and believed the critics when they said she was an opera diva.
5) MGM grand production values. The giant plush sets, hundreds of costumes and sweeping dance choreography that twirls and hops across a full screen of joy!
Talk about a great date movie, everyone gets lucky after watching this widow.