Just some random thoughts as I'm watching the film:
1. It is hard to watch how black actors had to act in these old films.
2. The interchange between boyfriend and Barbara is priceless, when she still wants him but intends to marry the old guy and the boyfriend says, "I hope he beats you," and then they just both blow off the comment and promise to see each other later.
3. Marjorie's dress with the rhinestones is awesome.
4. Relationship between father and daughter is interesting. They seem like they are trying to seduce one another several times.
5. Lionel Barrymore is always so much fun to watch.
Still have half the movie left to watch.......