The Jedi's Quest (Sign-Ups and Questions)
The Jedi's Quest
The Jedi are dwindling. Whether they were wounded or killed in the Clone Wars, or hunted down by fanatics, they are a dying people. As a last ditch attempt, the remnants of the Jedi Council sent a team to search for a powerful artifact that might just save them from extinction. The journey will be difficult, but with it comes new hope (pun fully intended c;).
This takes place roughly 20 BBY. In other words, Palpatine has rapidly risen in power, but hasn't yet pressed the button to exterminate every Jedi. Anakin is on a dark path, but not yet Darth Vader. Luke and Leia haven't been born yet. The Clone Wars are nearly over.
A Note on Power:
First off, I'm going to be relatively flexible on how the Force can be used. I would like if everyone on the team is at roughly the same level; in other words, no new padawans nor skilled Masters, but everyone should be somewhere in between and have a good idea of how the Force works. However, please don't go directly against "canon" rules. If your character taps into the Dark Side, which I will allow, remember that it will scar them in certain ways and the more they use it the harder it is to stop. If you want to pull a Chirrût and stride into battle protected by the mantra "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me," only use it for very short periods of time, and you can't be completely invincible. If you want to use the Jedi mind trick on another character, ask who's controlling them if it's okay with them; unless it's a secondary character that you bring in just for a few posts.
A Note on Role-Playing:
For those of you who haven't done a forum-based role-play before, here's a brief description of how it works. Basically, everyone creates a character or two based on the "character sheet" provided. Once everyone posts their characters, we can get started, most likely on another thread. I'll post a starting scenario, probably some sort of meeting place like a cantina. From there, just respond for your character(s), what you think they'd do in that situation. Posts can vary from a few sentences to a few paragraphs. We pretty much end up co-writing a character-centric story. If things slow down plot-wise, I'll throw something in to shake things up, like a bandit raid or monster attack or something. If anyone has ideas to contribute to the plot, please don't be afraid to share them!
1. Leader: Zahara (LeiaOfLothlorien)
2. Ranbl (Strannger)
(More slots might be added if need be)
Pilot: Cassian (LeiaOfLothlorien)
1. No overpowered characters, no god-moding (taking control of other characters or being insanely powerful).
2. Balance your character(s). No one is perfect. Make them complex and unique. You have three chances. I will be more lenient than I normally am, since I don't know how things are normally run on here, but please try to be reasonably detailed. I will allow some canon characters, but please ask first. I'm already messing with the timeline a bit, and I would prefer not to go too far.
3. You must be accepted by me before role-playing. Again, I will try to be lenient about this, but I just want to make sure we don't have any phony caricatures.
4. Think PG-13. No sexting (romance is allowed, but kissing max). Mild swearing is allowed, but don't go dropping the f-bomb every sentence. If you do swear, try to star out letters, i.e. s***. Violence and gore are allowed, but don't go overboard and make anyone throw up.
5. Use "..." for speaking; (...) for out-of-character in the role-play itself, i.e. asking questions about a plot point or clarification; and *...* for direct thinking/mind-speaking.
6. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Role: (if other than a Jedi on the team, please ask for permission)
Age: (preferably 15-35)
Wearing: (what you're wearing at the start, or a usual outfit/style for your character)
Personality: (I know "show don't tell" is the main school of thought, but give us an idea of what your character is like, since most of our characters probably know each other at least in passing)
History: (optional, but preferred; doesn't need to be overly detailed)
Weapon(s) of Choice: (max 3. If Jedi, include lightsaber color)
Equipment: (you may have a backpack/sack/satchel/bag. What's in it?)
Strengths: (at least 3)
Weaknesses: (balance strengths)
Other: (anything else we should know about your character? Also, please remove my notes-- everything currently within parentheses-- before posting)
Role-Play Example: (just post something as if you were replying to someone. Could be a battle scene, reflecting on life, drinking, hiking... anything that suits your character. I'm looking for roughly a paragraph here)
EDIT: I changed the name. Sorry for any confusion.