MovieChat Forums > Politics > Tucker Carlson set to release controvers...

Tucker Carlson set to release controversial interview with Vladimir Putin: online!


Just over 3 hours away on X. I would rather listen to audio than watch. This web page is doing live coverage, there will be others.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tucker-carlson-putin-full-interview-when-time-b2492651.html

Update: Two hour interview https://youtu.be/fOCWBhuDdDo
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1755734526678925682

reply

https://x.com/kimdotcom/status/1755640351283704038?s=46&t=veox07EZp4AKnPBj_ooPpA

reply

lol, what a bunch of liberal idiots projecting their meltdown about real journalism.

reply

"real journalism." 😂🤣😁🤣

Admittedly Putin is a big name.

The only reason Putin has agreed is because he will use it to broadcast his message to the west.
Tucker will not be involved or have any say in the content - and he is fine with that if he gets the publicity and gets to pretend to be a grown up journo.


reply

And yet, that interview almost broke the internet. You can't say the same about leftist fake news.

reply

This thing is big!

Everyone should just remember to be chill and listen.

If you listen to Putin's interview, it was a solid factual narrative you can look up in the news. When you listen to what our media has been feeding us on the Ukraine issue it's been garbage that can easily be shown to be garbage.

Carlson was more ham-fisted than I expected him to be, but he did good, and more importantly he began a trend that could really change the whole world.

reply

I have it queued up for later.

The unhinged rhetoric coming from the left over Tucker is absolutely disgusting. Why are they so terrified of Tucker doing journalism...it's kind of his job.

We have a right to know why we are funding this war with our taxes.

reply

I'm the Left MFr, and I am not unhinged, and go back and few posts of your I saw tonight swearing and making no sense like you were drunk off your ass with your head far up it.

Quit the divisiveness. Yeah, I hate Trump, he lives in my head and whatever stupid shit you De-Public-ans wanna say, but I make differentiations which are necessary to be a thinking being, especially politically. All people across all the political spectrum are unique individuals of varying abilities and affects. Group and generalize carefully - you do the opposite.

You, ( I'm convinced you are an AI, which canned routines randomly called ) all you do ilie for the Right. You are pegged into the RED zone at 100% on every issue, and there is not reall person like that.

So, your progammed insults at the vague Left, ( hell, I dismiss and excise most of what we see as the Left in the media, because it is mostly canned garbage from the Right trying brainwash us with rotten cherry picked images. ) Cut out specific issues ... do not hand-wave like a genocidel MF'n maniac. Sick of your BS.

If you want politics to work in this country, start singling out and differentiating people and issues and stop being a robot, or turn yourself off.

reply

Whether you hate Putin or not, it's kind of incredible to see the intellect of the chap - giving over two hours of interview time - including a very detailed history of years worth of European history, on the very day Biden, the US President, is revealed to be unable to remember when he was vice president 😂

(I'm no team Trump guy or anything btw, nor a fan of Russia's actions in Ukraine but still, the difference is incredible...)

reply

I highly doubt Vladimir Putins commentary on European history is going to be particularly objective.

reply

Oh for sure, he's obviously going to say it from the Russian perspective but it's pretty interesting to see the detail he goes into...

Who's this Carlsen Tucker guy though? His "I'm listening very seriously here" face is hilarious.

reply

There an open-minded lad for ya!
Or are you just digging into your anti-Russia propganda stance.
Listen to the fucking interview or shut up.
If you cannot bear to hear the words then the problem is you.
There is nothing keeping you from disagreeing or criticizing
any or eveything he says, so why cast doubt?
In that interview, which I am 2/3 done with now, the historic
facts and commentary were from Putin who corrected Carlson
twice on issues, and the rest of what he said was all objective
fact even from Western News sources, with some stuff the
Western News won't touch. You can doubt that, but then
fill the gap if you do, or accept the facts.

reply

Putin openly justified imperialism in his interview with Tucker Carlson stating that the lands Russia annexed in Ukraine are historically Russian, and that in itself is a rightful casus belli.

reply

> stating that the lands Russia annexed in Ukraine are historically Russian

He did not say that. He pointed out a lot of history and said that basically some of these questions are not so clearcut as we here in our media propaganda, and which you are supporting as you are pretty habitually doing to jump in whenever you Ukraine chain gets yanked.

Putin was for negotiations. Most of what he said was true and can be checked. The problem is that users like you need to search on slants that dismiss of vilify anything Putin does.

Whatever he said, it was in the context of talking about and ranking historical "errors" in importance to Russia, is how I'd put it. You're just working to spin it up into a Putin's gonna invade Europe, which he specifically said was fantasy and anyone knowlegeable person would agree with.

reply

>Putin was for negotiations. Most of what he said was true and can be checked. The problem is that users like you need to search on slants that dismiss of vilify anything Putin does.

Negotiations about what? The end-of-2021 ultimatum to NATO was "Ban Ukraine and Georgia from ever possibly joining NATO" and "remove the Baltics". That was completely unjustifiable.

>Whatever he said, it was in the context of talking about and ranking historical "errors" in importance to Russia, is how I'd put it. You're just working to spin it up into a Putin's gonna invade Europe, which he specifically said was fantasy and anyone knowlegeable person would agree with.

I didn't actually say that. I said that Putin openly justified revanchism regarding the areas about Ukraine. Putin has long denied Ukrainian statehood: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/877224

reply

Did you watch the interview?

reply

I'd rather not be bored. I've seen quotes where Putin prattles on about the same old things he always has done. I'll read the full extract if you have one.

reply

What you said without any qualification is "I highly doubt Vladimir Putins commentary on European history is going to be particularly objective."

That is propaganda. Anti-free speech in America, propaganda.

What does that even mean except a disparaging of even listening to the this interview.

I keep asking if you listened to this interview, and what criticisms you might have that are relevant and not just hysterical shotgunning American propaganda, most of it lies.

reply

>That is propaganda. Anti-free speech in America, propaganda.

Sorry, you think me suggesting Vladimir Putin might be somewhat biased is "propaganda". He has a history of denying Ukrainian statehood. If he was smart, he would've backed off rambling about how Ukrainians are really just Russian and focused purely on ranting about NATO. But he didn't do that. Russia has about 4 or 5 reasons for why they invaded Ukraine. It's not for imperialistic reasons, except when Putin rambles on about how Ukraine isn't a "real country" as he has done many times.

reply

All from his point of view though. The Russian perspective.

reply

Well yeah... I literally said exactly that in the post directly above the one you made 🤷🏽‍♂️.

reply

I saw that after I posted. You were way ahead of me.

reply

Armed with tons of facts and dates that anyone can check.
What Putin has said with Russian interpretation coincides with
most of the actual facts.

Can you imagine either American President, Trump or Biden,
or Bush for that matter being smart enough to hold a 2 hr.
long conversation like Putin has done here.

Putin was laser focused and caught Tucker Carlson in several
errors or lies.

The interview was, is, I am still watching it about 2/3 done.
brilliant. This has never been done or even thought about
before, and American celebrity citizen going over to have a talk
with the leader a country we are at war with and broadcasting
it to the world?

Wow. Nothing but respect for that accomplishment.

And Putin too, because this would never have happened without
Putin agreeing to do, and agreeing to be so prepared and
focused.

I'm for America, but I respect the hell out of Putin and would like
to see the war end and talks begin to end this BS, what Putin
says about the CIA, and US actions in the world.

reply

What do you think about Vladimir Putin presiding over a country that persecuted all opposition media (there is no way a Russian journalist would be permitted to interview Joe Biden) and passing the "LGBT extremism" law?

reply

[deleted]

>I have not thought about that. I am also not sure that is true, but from what we hear about Russia it is very likely.

What?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/07/europe/russia-chinese-lgbtq-blogger-arrested-intl/index.html

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2024/02/woman-arrested-for-extremist-crime-of-wearing-rainbow-earrings-in-russia/

https://novayagazeta.eu/articles/2024/02/06/two-russian-women-kissing-on-video-charged-with-lgbt-propaganda-en-news

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ukraine-war-sasha-skochilenko-protest/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/17/russian-artist-jailed-for-seven-years-over-anti-war-price-tag-protest

This is not some secret thing Russia does. They openly ban any and all "LGBT propaganda" and any criticism of the war.

>If the CIA could get in there or find a way to kill Putin they'd do it in heartbeat, and they would use every contact with Russians to develop spies, or turn military people into revolutionaires, like we did in Ukraine at a cost of $5 billion.

And Russia would do the same to many other Presidents. What's your point?

>The authoritarian states are usually better for the states than a predatory capitalist state and oppressed and impoverishes people.

So now you are openly justifying authoritarian regimes? What's the necessity for Russia to arrest critics of the war, and prohibit "LGBT propaganda".

Also Russia is already a "predatory capitalist state".

reply

> And Russia would do the same to many other Presidents.

That's totall bullshit.

Again, I ask you have you listened to the interview?

reply

>That's totall bullshit.

Russia has literally sent agents to many countries to assassinate dissidents in exile.

>Again, I ask you have you listened to the interview?

I've already said: I'd read the transcript. Not interested in watching Tucker and Putin waffle on about "muh history".

reply

> Russia has literally sent agents to many countries to assassinate dissidents in exile.

Irrelevant, you said Presidents, I said BS. I'll take that apology in any form.

If you don't watch it, you have no opinion.

reply

>Irrelevant, you said Presidents, I said BS. I'll take that apology in any form.

I think if Russia could, and thought they could get away it - they would.

Send me a transcript.

reply

> I think if Russia could, and thought they could get away it - they would.

That pretty much sums up your every argument when it comes to Ukraine.

reply

>That pretty much sums up your every argument when it comes to Ukraine.

I doubt you even know my arguments.

reply

> I doubt you even know my arguments.

It not for lack of trying or reading your shotgun-style incoherent replies.

reply

The shotgun response again. You are an asshole for your inablity to actually have a conherent back and forth discussion on any issue.

There's no way I can or will answer all those accusations or questions, or whatever the hell you are talking about.

reply

Since you've gone full keyboard attack mode I will just ask, what does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying it is OK to pay Ukraine to make war against Russia and destroy itself and wreak worldwide havoc and inflation because Russian society is in the same place US society used to be 20-30 years ago?

Did you listen to the interview?

Do you have specific comments about what Putin said, anything actually relevant to the event, aside from pulling talking points that are BS about the war?

reply

>Are you saying it is OK to pay Ukraine to make war against Russia and destroy itself and wreak worldwide havoc and inflation because Russian society is in the same place US society used to be 20-30 years ago?

When did the USA ban "LGBT propaganda" and "extreme" in the 1990s? Will and Grace was on TV then. Russia outright bans any upload of a same-sex kiss. Not comparable.

>Again, I ask you have you listened to the interview?

I've already said: I'd read the transcript. Not interested in watching Tucker and Putin waffle on about "muh history".

reply

Now you're denying that the US ever had anti-gay policies? Get outta town.

In the 50's the South had segregation. You're going down an avenue you have given no thought to.

reply

>Now you're denying that the US ever had anti-gay policies? Get outta town.

No, I said that the scale of US policy on LGBT issues was not like Russias is now in the 1990s.

>In the 50's the South had segregation. You're going down an avenue you have given no thought to.

Is the 1950s now the same time period as the 1990s?

reply

> No, I said that the scale of US policy on LGBT issues was not like Russias is now in the 1990s.

So what. Russia is sociologically behind US, what else would you expect.

At least they are not torturing and murdering gays or non-conformists like the entire Islamic world. Why aren't you ranting about that?

reply

>So what. Russia is sociologically behind US, what else would you expect.

And Russia has just jumped some 30 years backwards. You were the one who initially compared the USA in the 1990s to the Russian state of affairs now. That was wrong.

>At least they are not torturing and murdering gays or non-conformists like the entire Islamic world. Why aren't you ranting about that?

I do, on many occasions.

reply

i'm indifferent when it comes to putin, but what fascinates me is the anger towards him.

we've just had 3 years of all our freedoms being taken away, a migrant and fetenyal crisis. 97 year old veterans thrown out of care homes to make room for migrants, a vax thats causing cardiac arrests, inflation, crime is out of control, unemployment, homelessness is out of control, poverty....

but people aren't seem more angry with putin than our own political class. putin did none of this.

reply

The brainwashing on a mass scale is a sight to behold.

reply

The sky is falling, yet the world did not end, and things are accelerating back to exceeding expectations, but you lot have to continue to whine, just like the CIA
lot have to continue to try to overthrow Putin.

reply

Just started watching...

reply

Seems like Puty wants some Russian land back.

Leftists are all about giving land back to people... hmmm.

reply

You did not listen to the interview.

reply

More like two hours of rambling. I rather watch a comedy special than slog through all that.

reply

Two hours of rambling = Trump
Two hours of mumbling = Biden
Two hours of a world leader who has to perform = Putin

reply