What are your film score blasphemies?
What are some of your own personal film score blasphemies? By that I mean - an opinion about film scores in general, particular, or their composers that most people would simply find offensive, incorrect, way-out-there, or blasphemous?
I would love to hear other people's unpopular opinions, and yes, we can all argue and discuss every one of ours and each other`s...but hey, let`s keep it civil. Lord knows, none of us are always right about everything!
Here are a couple of mine...
- I think Changing Lanes is David Arnold`s best score.
- I believe War Horse is a waaaaay better score than Adventures of TinTin.
- I honestly think that out of the scores nominated, Gustavo Santaolalla deserved his Oscar for Brokeback Mountain (although Babel is another matter entirely :D)
- I personally don`t think that Alexandre Desplat has written a truly great score yet.
- I feel that Clint Mansell is one of the best composers working today.
- I really, actually love the Nolan Batman scores by Zimmer and JNH (although I wish they would shut up about how, ahem, innovative and original they are).
- I think Klaus Badelt has the potential to be one of the greatest composers ever....listen to Time Machine, K-19 and The Promise, and tell me that this guy can`t be amazing!
- I don`t believe I`ve listened to any John Ottman, Carter Burwell, or Brad Fiedel score that was really awesome.
That`s enough from me :D Let`s hear yours!